The Share and Care Ministry provides a means of connecting people who have gently used items of any kind (they no longer use) with people that have a need for those items, free of charge. Need requests for items may also be submitted.
To sign up for monthly listings click HERE
FAQs about responding and posting Donations and Needs.
- 1. How often are the Share and Care reports sent out via email?
Weekly, Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
Exceptions: No change to reports.
- How do I know what items have been added since last week’s reports?
All items added since the last week’s reports will have the word “NEW” in red font beside the Item Number.
- If I see need(s) on the Needs report, that I can meet, how do I contact the person?
Reply to this email with the Report Name (Needs report) the Item number and the description and I will send you and the person with the need, each other’s contact information so that you can contact each other to arrange an exchange.
- If I see item(s) on the Donations report that I want, how do I contact the donor?
Reply to this email with the Report Name (Donations report) the Item number and the description and I will send you and the donor each other’s contact information so that you can contact each other to arrange an exchange.
- If I have item(s) that I am willing to donate FREE of charge, what is the donation process?
Reply to this email AFTER filling in the short form at the bottom of this email. Include a picture if possible. The form below should include your name, any contact information you would like to for us to use when there is a “match” and a short description of the item(s) you would like listed in the “Items to Donate” box. ** Be sure to note any deadline or time limit. (ex: items not placed by 10/1/09 will be given to Salvation Army). ** Important, please read **: Share and Care Ministry cannot accept or store any items because we have no storage space. This ministry collects information about items you have at your home to give away, adds information to the database and generates reports describing the items in the database via email for “virtual” matching needs with people who have items they no longer need!
- If I have a need(s), what is the process for listing on the Needs report?
Reply to this email AFTER filling in the short form at the bottom of this email.
- The form below should include your name, any contact information you would like to for us to use when there is a “match” and a short description of the item(s) you would like listed in the “Items Needed” box.
- When should I submit my Donation or Need to be listed on the current week’s reports?
Submit your completed form by replying via email, by COB Wednesday for inclusion on current week’s reports.
- What is the “Sales and Service” report?
This report includes:
1. People that need help or a service, babysitting, adult day care help, assistance moving, cleaning, oil change….
2. Businesses or services, such as Child Care, Real Estate services ….. (Caveat: inclusion on the Sales and Service Report does not imply endorsement by the church or any affiliates) use the same ordinary care and thoroughness in your evaluation of these listed businesses that you use in evaluating any service company.
3. Items people want to sell, not donateREMINDER: You DO NOT have to be a member of Woodstream to receive or donate items on the Share and Care lists. If there are people on your job or neighbors …… that can use some of the items on the donations list or have items to donate or have needs, just follow the same instructions.