Woodstream Church Health Ministry is committed to promoting and encouraging healthy living through the Love of Jesus Christ – as individuals and as a community.
We believe, as followers of the Lord, that by living a healthy lifestyle, life will be fully experienced only after reaching and maintaining the highest level of health/wellness possible. We also believe that this is accomplished primarily by seeking spiritual guidance and strength from our Christian faith.
The Woodstream Church Health Ministry is committed to providing healthy lifestyle choices through health education and prevention programs; all of which are designed to equip our church family and community with excellent health/wellness activities and events. This ministry works in correlation with the Woodstream Sports Health Ministry to promote an active lifestyle living to build-up the Body of Jesus Christ. Below are a few (but not limited to) activities and events:
- BOD4GOD – Thursdays, “Losing to Live” – A Faith Based Weight Loss Program *
- Weekly Exercise Classes - Tuesdays, in the Vineyard Café from 7:00- 8:00 p.m. *
- Annual Health Awareness Health Fair Events – To increase health and fitness awareness through education and prevention
- Annual Flu Shot– A free Sunday flu shots program offered in partnership with the PG County Public Health Department
* The point of contact for the activities is Rochelle Parks.
Please contact Deacon Dione Bowlding at 301-602-6296 or 301-464-8993 for more information about the Health Ministry.